For adults, we currently provide the following opportunities:
Bible Workbench – Sundays from 9:15AM – 10:15AM
This is a lectionary based Bible study that uses articles, op-eds, and contemporary resources to help us draw connections between the scripture and how we live out our faith today.
Theology Reading Group
Each month, this group gathers to share insights about a pre-selected book of theology. Recent books have been authored by Marcus Borg, William Barber, Walter Brueggemann, and Henri Nouwen.
Nurtures – Times Vary; Announced during Service & Online
Nurtures are First Church’s version of Adult Sunday School classes. They nurture our faith by introducing topics of spirituality, justice, and discipleship that allow us to more boldly live out our faith. Past nurtures have included:
- Spiritual Wounds: A Path to Healing from Religious Trauma
- Pastoral Care Support Group: Hospice, End of Life Decisions, and Ways to Care for One Another
- Teachings from Michael Joseph: A Missionary to Colombia
- The Sanctuary Movement: Providing Solidarity and Justice to Refugees, Immigrants, and All Those who Live in Fear
- Anti-Racism and White Privilege: Striving to be a Beloved Community