Online Giving Options for Donating to First Church
You may always mail a check to the office. These are new times, however, when it is more important than ever for us to be the church. Moments like these, when we need the church most, are also when the church most needs your support. The amazing art groups that lease our space for performances have wisely canceled or postponed. It is particularly important that we value the role the church plays in supporting us and our families today. As we walk our Lenten journey and worship virtually, we invite you to give in new ways.
Donate with VANCO
- You can go to the church’s website from any device and click on the link & “Vanco” in the upper right corner following Make a Donation. Set up your account with your credit card and/or bank
account information. The link now allows you to designate your payment as General, Pledge, or Second Sunday (very helpful for the church’s record keepers). If you donate directly from your bank account there are no fees. If you donate using a credit card there is a fee, which you can opt to offset with an additional 2.75% contribution.
- You can use VANCO to donate by text. To text funds to the church, use the phone number (toll free) 833-557-0173. In the text message field, enter the amount of money in whole dollars, then a space, and then one of the following codes: General, Pledge, SS (for Second Sunday). If you want to give to more than one fund, you will need to do a separate text for each. For example, 10 SS will send $10 to the church’s Second Sunday fund for the month of the transaction. (If you don’t specify a fund the default is General – that’s OK, the church will still receive the donation.) Once you have entered the amount and the text code, a message will pop up with a link that you will press. You will be prompted to enter your personal information including your credit or debit card. You will not have to re-enter that personal information again, unless you change or add a debit or credit card. After completing your transaction, you will get a summary of the transaction on the phone and you will also get an email. Donations by text do not include the option of an additional contribution to offset the fee.
- Use VANCO’s mobile app GIVE+. You can download it for free. The mobile app includes the option of an additional contribution of 1% for donations directly from your bank account or 2.75% if you use a credit card.
Donate with PayPal
- You can go to the church’s website from any device and click on the link “PayPal” in the upper right corner following Make a Donation. You will be prompted to enter your own personal PayPal account user id and password. Add a note about the purpose of the donation. There is a 2.9% fee to the church if a credit card is used and unlike VANCO, PayPal does not ask the donor if they want to add an amount to offset the fee. However, standard transfers using your linked bank account are always free.
- Alternatively, from your own personal PayPal account you can send a payment — from any device — to email@example.com