No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey,
you are welcome here.
you are welcome here.
Thanksgiving Service at 10:00 AM on Thursday, November 23. Light refreshments will be served beginning at 9:15 A.M. (Validated parking will be provided in the garage accessed off of G Place NW). This year our preacher is Rev. Barbara Breland, Pastor, Lincoln Congregational Temple. As part of our rotation and a continual part of our Union Thanksgiving Service, we are delighted to have First Congregational United Church of Christ as our host this year. Read more...
Dedicatory Piano Recital, Saturday, November 11, 2017, 8:00 PM, First Congregational Church Sanctuary. Join us for the dedicatory piano recital for our beautiful new Estonia piano. Shaun Tirrell will present a program of Chopin, Debussy, Liszt, Gershwin and others, showcasing the spectacular sound of our new Estonia in its home setting. Read more...
We are seeking a Senior Pastor. If you are interested or know someone who is, the congregational profile is available here. We are striving to attract the widest possible pool of candidates. To apply, an interested candidate would go through the process of the Central Atlantic Conference of the UCC. The position posting on the UCC Ministry Opportunities website is available here. Read more...
First Church has joined a movement of more than 800 faith groups that have designated themselves as "sanctuary congregations," committing to protect and stand with immigrants facing deportation and with other vulnerable groups. Church members unanimously approved the designation during the spring congregational meeting on May 14. The vote followed a recommendation from the Church Council, which created a task force of members and friends earlier in the year to discern whether First Church should make the designation and specifically what identifying as such would mean for the congregation. Read the full motion: Read more...
First Church is bringing hope and help to homeless youth and other youth in need of services in the downtown area through a weekly drop-in center that we are operating in partnership with Sasha Bruce Youthwork and the Downtown Business Improvement District. The drop-in center continues the First Church legacy of engaging directly with our community and working to address issues of homelessness. Read more...
Sunday Worship at 10:30am
Downtown at 10th and G, NW
- The Price of Freedom? November 23, 2017
- UCC's 'Podcast for a Just World' connects faith, justice and community building November 22, 2017
- Massachusetts Conference Minister one of 25 demonstrators charged at Statehouse November 21, 2017
- UCC clergy supporting North Carolina mother once again targeted by ICE November 20, 2017
- UCC clergy, interfaith leaders join Native People to protect sacred site in Utah November 20, 2017
- Wisconsin church welcomes neighbors to take from the Blessing Box November 17, 2017
- Retirement Housing Foundation matching gift program makes major donation to hurricane relief November 16, 2017