you are welcome here.
Celebrate the resurrection of Christ. Christ is risen indeed! To the sound of trumpet, good news, lighting of the Easter candle and “Christ the Lord is Risen Today,” join First Church at 10:30am for this Easter celebration. Our choir will sing stirring music and our pastor, Sid Fowler, will preach. There will be pancakes for all following the service and an egg hunt for the children.Read more...
Take the ancient journey of the last days of Jesus. This meal and service will combine traditions of Holy Thursday and Good Friday, Maunday Thursday and Tenebrae. Through readings and music, on this evening, we will join Jesus in those last days for a meal with his followers gathered around a table. We join him in a garden wondering if we can stay awake and abide with him. We will join him at his trial and witness the cross. It is a powerful service of fellowship, memory, and prayer. The meal and service begins Thursday , April17, at 6:30 pm, in the community hall. All are welcome!Read more...
Jesus in the midst of the worst day in his life blamed no one for his pain, instead he asked God to forgive. He spoke up for the least of us yet again. He did not judge nor call us “Betrayers!” Jesus knew a deeper and more lasting truth. Jesus offered us the gift of forgiveness instead of insult, allowing us to say on that worse day of our lives when suffering smothers us whole…….we are able to say out of gratitude and love, “Okay God, what do we do and were do we go from here?”Read more...
Downtown at 10th and G, NW
- Commentary: Rising Inequality and Concentrated Wealth Threaten Democracy April 24, 2014
- UCC, DoC leaders share grief with Korea after ferry disaster April 24, 2014
- New England churches work to be Styrofoam free during Mission 4/1 Earth April 22, 2014
- UCC leaders remember advocate for HIV-AIDS awareness April 22, 2014
- Commentary: Creation care is up to us April 22, 2014
- UCC leader part of panel on climate change at California church April 21, 2014