No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey,
you are welcome here.
you are welcome here.
Sharing Stories of Faith. First Church Members Serving the World. Sunday, September 25, 12 PM – 1 PM. Please come listen to a wonderful panel of First Church members as they share how their faith informs and supports their vocation to serve the world. The panel includes policy and conflict resolution experts, foreign service officers, and international development experts. Read more...
Young Adults: National Portrait Gallery for Meet-up and Fall Planning, September 25, 1 pm – 3 pm. Come join Sam McFerran as we explore the National Portrait Gallery, where we will get to know one another better, and identify both community gatherings, theology on tap outings, and service opportunities we would like to do in the fall. Please email Sam if you have any questions or ideas for the fall at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more...
First Church is bringing hope and help to homeless youth and other youth in need of services in the downtown area through a new drop-in center that we are operating in partnership with Sasha Bruce Youthwork and the Downtown Business Improvement District. The drop-in center continues the First Church legacy of engaging directly with our community and working to address issues of homelessness. Initial indicators are that the program will be a success. For more information, please contact Rev. James D. Ross II at JamesDRossII@gmail.com. Read more...
Open that Door! Too many doors are shut. And too many people are shutting them. But open that door – a door to the church, a door to justice and inclusion, a door to a home, a door to a safe community, a door to your heart. The call to “open that door” was identified as this fall’s worship theme after a worship planning group considered all the places where people are being shut out, beat down, or have doors closed in their faces with bigotry or violence. Learn more about our fall theme “Open that Door! A Transforming Welcome." Read more...
If you want to keep up with who's having a concert, a lecture, a public forum, etc. in our sanctuary/concert hall/lecture hall, go to the Live! at 10th & G Facebook page and like us. Then, when cultural and public events get posted to the page, you'll be in the know! Read more...
Sunday Worship at 10:30am
Downtown at 10th and G, NW
- UCC leaders express outrage at recent police shootings of black men September 22, 2016
- Commentary: "What does the Lord require of you?" September 22, 2016
- Video outlines resolution process for General Synod 2017 September 21, 2016
- New Jersey church to share model for intergenerational faith building September 20, 2016
- Worldwide churches gather to focus advocacy efforts on Israel-Palestine September 16, 2016
- We Stand With Love messaging launched as alternative to divisive campaign rhetoric September 15, 2016
- Commentary: What Do You Want Me To Do For You? (Mark 10:46-52) September 15, 2016